SAMPE technical community platform will facilitate year-long collaboration
With the cancellation of the SAMPE 2021 in-person event, the virtual offering will focus on community engagement, live-stream and on-demand content, social networking and more.
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE, Diamond Bar, Calif., U.S.) leadership team announced on Jan. 25 that it is accelerating development of its technical community platform, which was first unveiled in a recent announcement concerning the future of SAMPE 2021. The new virtual offering, tentatively scheduled for a spring launch, will focus on the specific needs of scientists, engineers, academicians, technical teams, suppliers and manufacturers in the global advanced materials and process industries.
“The cancellation of our 2021 event has been the catalyst for the formation of this new technical community platform. However, the platform is more than just an attempt to translate the in-person SAMPE Conference & Exhibition experience to a virtual environment; it will transform the way we interact all year-round,” says Tim Shaughnessy, president, SAMPE North America. “We’re developing it in such a way that it will meet our community’s immediate needs and serve as a vital resource for years to come. By providing opportunities for partnership and knowledge exchange 365 days a year, the platform will amplify SAMPE’s global community and enhance our ability to solve the world’s materials and manufacturing issues.”
For scientists, engineers, academicians and technical teams, the platform will serve as a focused online community forum that facilitates collaboration across all fields of endeavor. Features will include:
- A robust library of live-stream and on-demand content
- Access to new and existing research, education and solutions across industries
- Social networking that connects chapters, industry groups and partners all over the world
- An infrastructure for presenting findings through hosted meetings and events.
For manufacturers and suppliers, this new offering will provide:
- Nontraditional, highly targeted digital advertising options
- Opportunities to engage in one-on-one technical conversations with existing customers and vetted peers
- A showcase for products and services
- Detailed analytics, demographics and firmographics on key groups
Updates about the virtual platform will be shared on sampeamerica.org. Please contact email@example.com if questions arise.