Altair database center offers comprehensive material information
Appears in Print as: 'Database center offers comprehensive material information'
The Altair Material Database Center contain thousands of high-quality materials including polymers, metals and composites, directly connected to Altair’s and other major solvers.
Photo Credit: Altair Engineering
Altair Engineering’s (Troy, Mich., U.S.) recently launched Altair Material Data Center is a modern, comprehensive and high-fidelity material database for simulation. The Altair Material Data Center includes accurate data and data lineage for metals, plastics and composites, and directly connects with Altair’s and other major solvers.
The database, combining M-Base’s plastic material database (which Altair recently acquired), is said to enable Altair to provide the critical comprehensive material information and infrastructure needed to predict and optimize product performance through simulation. Designers, engineers and scientists are able to explore materials — including structural, fatigue, fluid/thermal, electromagnetic properties, as well as manufacturing process specific data — in a stand-alone application or through the interface of Altair simulation and optimization tools. The solution, says Altair, saves time, money and improves product innovation and performance throughout the entire lifecycle of development and manufacturing.
The Altair Material Data Center also offers:
- Comprehensive material information management system: Access to materials data for metals, polymers and composites, including data sheets, raw data and solver cards with full traceability back to the supplier source, ensuring valid assumptions and consistency across teams.
- Flexible accessibility and scalability: This enables seamless access the Altair Material Data Center as a software as a service (SaaS) solution hosted by Altair or privately to manage proprietary information within the solution.
- Intuitive user experience: Simple web-based interface to intuitively browse, search, view and compare material data.
- Comprehensive simulation-centric data views: Material cards are said to be quickly and easily generated for Altair’s and all major solvers.
- Smooth integration: Through an open API, the Altair Material Data Center is said to be able to integrate with any desktop/solver for non-disruptive workflow
- Broad and deep partnerships: Strong relationships with material manufacturers, ensuring accurate, high-quality and up-to-date material information
- Collaboration: According to Altair, material experts can collaborate on the material curation process before it is published in the Altair Material Data Center for enterprise-wide domain specific access.