6001 Egret Ct.
Benicia , CA 94510 US
- Visit Company Website
As Seen In CompositesWorld
Employment opportunity: Business Development Manager and Production Planner, Sigmatex
Sigmatex Carbon Textile Solutions is seeking a Business Development Manager and Production Planner to join its team in Cameron, South Carolina.
Sigmatex launches recycled carbon fiber non-woven fabric
The non-woven fabric is produced from high-quality carbon fiber waste with sizing intact, said to offer improved fiber to resin bond strength with area weights from 100-600 gsm.
JEC World 2018 preview: Sigmatex
Sigmatex (Hall 6, G5) is featuring its range of high-performance carbon fiber textiles, including a new design capability.
General aviation: Reconceiving the personal plane
Enabled by FAA rule changes, small plane manufacturers today are moving beyond the private “pleasure” craft to cutting-edge technologies engineered to offer an affordable means to avoid urban gridlock.
Sigmatex wins Jaguar Land Rover Innovation Award
Sigmatex just received the JLR Innovation Award, presented on behalf of the Northern Automotive Alliance at their annual awards dinner on November 12, for its sigmaRF thermoplastic/carbon fiber hybrid material that can be press-formed into a finished product.
Collaboration produces winning paddleboard
Design, and design for manufacturability, come together in this racing SUP for one-off and serial production.
JEC World 2017 exhibit preview
JEC World will be held March 14-16 in Paris. CW previews some of the products and technologies that will be at the show.
CAMX 2016 Show Report
The 3rd annual joint ACMA/SAMPE-sponsored trade event comes to Anaheim with an exhibition and conference program attractive to professionals across the composites world.
Structural work of art
Composites fabricator uses an innovative molding approach and digital techniques to actualize architect’s customized residential stairway.
Although CW didn't attend the EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh in 2015, we did learn about an infusion demo that was the largest ever accomplished at the fly-in event.
Why South Carolina? Why now?
CW guest columnist Tom Lemire (T.F. Lemire Consulting Inc., Irvine, CA, US), comments on the aerospace industry's current attraction to this particular spot on the US map and wonders if it's the beginning of a trend.
Sigmatex awarded government funding
The carbon converter is part of a program to improve composite material adoption and lightweighting in the UK automotive sector, funded by AMSCI.
Destroyer deckhouse roof meets U.S. Navy fire code with phenolic composite
An all-composite deckhouse superstructure, built by Huntington Ingalls Industries (Gulfport, Miss.) cuts topside weight and enables stealth capability by reducing the radar signature of the U.S. Navy’s new, nearly $4 billion (USD) Zumwalt-class destroyer.
JEC Americas 2014 Review
Composites industry exhibitors at this combined show emphasized the textile side of the fiber/resin mix and touted process automation.
SPE ACCE 2012 Review
Bursting at the seams, the 12th annual Society of Plastic Engineers Automotive Composites Conference and Exhibition tops its previous bests.
3-D woven reinforcements update
Suppliers make progress toward reinforcement preforms that exhibit comparable properties in the x, y and z axes.
2010 SAMPE Europe/JEC Paris Showcase
Record crowds and reignited technological development testified to the composite industry’s renewed health and the recent recession’s demise.
DDG-1000 Zumwalt: Stealth warship
U.S. Navy navigates radar transparency, cost and weight challenges with composite superstructure design.
From frigate to luxury gigayacht
A new, all-composite superstructure built in the U.S. transforms a steel-hulled naval vessel in the United Arab Emirates into a massive, yet swift luxury yacht.
SAMPE 2009 Product Showcase
Showgoers at the SAMPE 2009 Conference and Exhibiton in Baltimore, Md. found many suppliers undeterred by poor economic news.
The markets: Boatbuilding (2011)
The 2008-2009 recession has hit the boatbuilding industry particularly hard, recalling a previous slump in 2003. But as 2009 closed out, boat business indicators were up, and the year was marked by some unusual construction projects that demonstrated composites continuing expansion in this segment.
- Fibers, organic
- Carbon, PAN-based
- Carbon, pitch-based
- Fabrics, unimpregnated
- Aramid, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Aramid, 5-harness
- Aramid, 8-harness
- Aramid, Basket-weave
- Aramid, Plain-weave
- Aramid, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Aramid, Twill
- Aramid/glass hybrid
- Aramid/glass hybrid, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Aramid/glass hybrid, 5-harness
- Aramid/glass hybrid, 8-harness
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Basket-weave
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Multiaxial
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Plain-weave
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Twill
- C-glass, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- C-glass, 5-harness
- C-glass, 8-harness
- C-glass, Basket-weave
- C-glass, Multiaxial
- C-glass, Plain-weave
- C-glass, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- C-glass, Twill
- Carbon, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Carbon, 5-harness
- Carbon, 8-harness
- Carbon, Basket-weave
- Carbon, Multiaxial
- Carbon, Plain-weave
- Carbon, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Carbon, Twill
- Carbon, Other
- Carbon/aramid hybrid
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, 5-harness
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, 8-harness
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Basket-weave
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Multiaxial
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Plain-weave
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Twill
- Carbon/glass hybrid
- Carbon/glass hybrid, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Carbon/glass hybrid, 5-harness
- Carbon/glass hybrid, 8-harness
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Basket-weave
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Multiaxial
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Plain-weave
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Twill
- Ceramic, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Ceramic, 5-harness
- Ceramic, 8-harness
- Ceramic, Basket-weave
- Ceramic, Multiaxial
- Ceramic, Plain-weave
- Ceramic, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Ceramic, Twill
- E-Glass, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- E-Glass, 5-harness
- E-Glass, 8-harness
- E-Glass, Basket-weave
- E-Glass, Multiaxial
- E-Glass, Plain-weave
- E-Glass, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- E-Glass, Twill
- Metallized, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Metallized, 5-harness
- Metallized, 8-harness
- Metallized, Basket-weave
- Metallized, Multiaxial
- Metallized, Plain-weave
- Metallized, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Metallized, Twill
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type)
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), 5-harness
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), 8-harness
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Basket-weave
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Multiaxial
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Plain-weave
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Twill
- Other unimpregnated fabrics
- Other, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Other, 5-harness
- Other, 8-harness
- Other, Basket-weave
- Other, Multiaxial
- Other, Plain-weave
- Other, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Other, Twill
- Preforms, unimpregnated