Composites UK reveals 2018 composites industry award winners
On 31st October, Composites UK (Berkhamsted, UK) revealed the winners of its industry awards at its prestigious black-tie dinner held at the National Motorcycle Museum (Birmingham, UK). Guests included GKN Aerospace (Redditch, UK), Leonardo Helicopters (Farnborough, UK), MHI Vestas Offshore Wind (Aarhus, Denmark), R-Tech Materials (Port Talbot, UK), Shape Machining (Oxfordshire, UK), Sigmatex (Cheshire, UK), Cygnet Texkimp (Northwich, UK) and others.
Eight awards were given out on the evening. The winners were:
- Trainee/Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by GRP Solutions) – Winner: Aaron Johnson, Leonardo Helicopters
- Employee of the Year (Sponsored by MPM Limited) – Winner: Ben Jennings, Group Rhodes Limited
- Employer of the Year (Sponsored by Fluency Marketing) – Winner: MPM Limited
- Environmental/Sustainability Award (Sponsored by Briar Associates) – Winner: TRB Lightweight Structures
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture (Sponsored by Axillium) – Winner: Rockwood Composites
- Innovation in Composite Design (Sponsored by the Advanced Engineering Show) – Winner: TWI Limited
- Innovation in Composite Materials (Sponsored by National Composites Centre) – Winner: Gurit (UK) Limited
- Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry – Winner: Prof. Peter Chivers
In addition to these a Special Recognition award was given to MPM Limited for maintaining operations when a fire devastated its former site in Pudsey, Leeds. The company’s director, Ben Wilson, was presented with an Outstanding Achievement award in recognition of the team’s commitment and Wilson’s leadership during a difficult time.