Fives Liné Machines Inc.
1000 Rue André Liné
Granby , QC J2J 1E2 CA
FIVES Metal Cutting | Composites
As Seen In CompositesWorld
Narrow UD tapes to bridge the ATL-AFP gap
Automated tape laying and automated fiber placement are similar, but not the same. Can narrow tapes provide a middle ground with advantages of both processes for next-gen aircraft?
IRT Jules Verne, Airbus and Fives launch MADRAS automated textile deposition line for WING project
Goal is full-scale testing of large, complex shape preforms at 5-6 times faster speeds for future aircraft.
Another opportunity to meet, and learn, in Paris
At the JEC World 2017, improvements in materials and processes were present at nearly every stand, with the emphasis on automotive-capable production speeds.
Two-stage tape layup: Access cuts/Atlas 2 lays up
A legacy 1980s technology builds visionary Dreamliner wingskins.
Tooling Update: New dimensions in tooling
Nanoenhancements, out-of-autoclave strategies and low-pressure RTM headline efforts to increase mold quality and productivity and cut tool cost.
Boeing 787 Update
Approaching rollout and first flight, the 787 relies on innovations in composite materials and processes to hit its targets
- Automatic tape layers
- Automated fiber placement machines
- Other tools/tooling materials
- Tooling equipment, materials and supplies
- Flexible mold materials
- Auxiliary processing equipment
- CNC machining equipment (multiaxis)
- Cutting equipment, laser
- Cutting equipment, ultrasonic
- Robotic handling equipment
- Trimming equipment
- Waterjet machining equipment
- Other auxiliary equipment
- Additive manufacturing/3D printing systems
- 3-D printing
- Machine calibration services
- Repair services, equipment and machines