SAMPE Summit 20 Paris agenda finalized
One of the featured speakers at SAMPE Summit 20 Paris will be Dan Hart, president and CEO of Virgin Orbit. Source | Virgin Orbit
SAMPE Europe reported on Feb. 12 that it has finalized the agenda for Summit 20 ParisSAMPE, a one-day conference being held on Monday, March 2 at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel Hotel in Paris, France, the day before the opening of the JEC World 2020 exhibition.
CompositesWorld readers qualify for a discounted registration fee of €625 using the SAMPE20SUMMIT code at checkout. Click here to register for SAMPE Summit 20 Paris.
Topics and speakers at SAMPE Summit 20 Paris include:
- Virgin Orbit - A New Path into Space; Dan Hart, president and CEO, Virgin Orbit, USA
- Thermoplastics for next-generation structures; Prof. Kiyoshi Uzawa, director Innovative Composite Center (ICC) at Kanazawa Institute of Technology Japan
- Composites in architecture; Quang Truong, architect and adjunct assistant professor at Portland State University and the University of Oregon, USA
- Composite materials and components automotive and construction; HeeJune Kim, senior research fellow/VP, LG Hausys R&D Center, South Korea
- Large-scale additive manufacturing; Dr. William Peter, director of the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Manufacturing Demonstration Facility (MDF) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), USA
- Carbon fiber SMC battery boxes; Dr.-Ing. Timo Huber, vice president, Advanced Composite Technology Center (ACTC), Hengrui Corp., China
- Welding of thermoplastic composites; Jérôme Raynal, Institut Soudure, and Michel Glotin, Arkema, France
- FRP processes for automotive parts, Dr. Gunnar Rieber, BMW Group, Germany
- Future aerospace innovation; Ron van Manen, head of strategy, Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking, Belgium
- Composites in urban air mobility; Bernd Thoma, senior industrial engineer, Volocopter, Germany
- Flying V for future sustainable flying; Roelof Vos, project leader Flying V, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Composites in high-velocity flight; Dr. James M. Sands, CCDC Army Research Laboratory, USA
- Sustainable Development for aerocomposites; Jean-Pierre Cabanac, Airbus Toulouse, France
For more information on SAMPE Summit 20 Paris, click here to download the program.
Approaching rollout and first flight, the 787 relies on innovations in composite materials and processes to hit its targets
There are numerous methods for fabricating composite components. Selection of a method for a particular part, therefore, will depend on the materials, the part design and end-use or application. Here's a guide to selection.
Fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) replacing coated steel in more reinforced-concrete applications.