Employment Opportunity: Senior Applications Engineer, Materia
Materia (Pasadena, Calif., U.S.) is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer to lead the engineering, processing project support and technical project management required for new customers to adopt Materia Proxima resins in advanced composite applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the engineering expert that supports new customers and development projects for advanced composite applications in major industries using pultrusion, filament winding, and HP-RTM/C-RTM processes.
- Develop process and manufacturing recommendations that enable customer adoption of Materia products.
- Collaborate closely with customer engineering teams to facilitate successful technology transfer and process scaleup.
- Coordinate and execute product trials and demonstrations at customer facilities.
- Work closely with colleagues to make test samples and provide technical feedback needed for developing new or improved resin processes and/or formulations.
- Maintain careful records, produce reports and other documents to meet technology dissemination, patent protection, and/or quality control needs.
- Work with colleagues to manage and maintain facility organization and safety.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in engineering, material science or similar. Consideration will also be given to qualified individuals with a Certified Composites Technician Degree (CCT).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Thorough understanding and experience with pultrusion processes and equipment for liquid thermoset resins is preferred; experience with HP-RTM, C-RTM and filament winding is a plus.
- Prior experience with direct customer interactions in a technical role
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving ability.
- Significant hands on experience and technical background related to working in laboratories and/or manufacturing environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Travel requirement: 25-50% expected (domestic and international).
- Location: Pasadena, Calif., U.S.
To submit an application, visit https://materiainc.applicantpro.com.
As the drive to greater fuel efficiency under the hood catches fire, fiber-reinforced thermoplastics prove they can take the heat.
MG Resins offer a suite of properties and processing that could potentially revolutionize sectors of the composites industry.
The drive to boost aircraft operating efficiency continues to fuel adoption of polymer matrix composites in jet engines.