Employment opportunity: Business Development Manager and Production Planner, Sigmatex
Sigmatex Carbon Textile Solutions is seeking a Business Development Manager and Production Planner to join its team in Cameron, South Carolina.
Sigmatex Carbon Textile Solutions (Cameron, S.C., U.S.) is currently seeking a Business Development Manager and Production Planner to join its team in South Carolina.
Business Development Manager
This position will lead the commercial function to deliver that growth in line with both the budgeted sales and the strategic plan. An ideal candidate will be a proven sales professional with intimate knowledge of the composite industry.
As a part of the U.S. Leadership Team, this position will require strategic focus and business acumen, being part of building teams from the ground up. Travel is also a requirement, including international as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of the sales budget based on revenue and sales margin.
- Provide first-class customer service to both existing customers as well as new customers and targets.
- Provide competitive landscape and market insights back into the business, including changing customer needs, opportunities, threats, trends, etc.
- Develop sales forecasts, sales budgets and contribute to both the short-term and long-term business planning processes.
- Review and seek to improve business processes, where necessary, in order to make us more efficient or effective as an organization.
- Champion the ‘voice of the customer’ through all internal discussions, providing insight and guidance on how we can best meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop a new business pipeline to ensure conversion rate is sufficient to meet the targets of the business.
Qualifications and proficiency:
- A demonstrative track record of delivering sales growth and new customer acquisition.
- 5+ years experience within the composites industry in a commercial role.
- Good technical knowledge of both carbon fiber and textile conversion technologies.
- Ability to create sales budgets and set pipeline targets to achieve objectives.
- Good financial awareness, ability to use and develop cost modeling, margin analysis and profitability tools to drive decision-making.
- Understanding of competitive landscape through good market insights, competitor awareness and ability to identify opportunities and threats.
- Experience of leading and managing a team to deliver against targets.
The role of Production Planner is to organize, plan and deliver an effective and efficient production schedule that ensures customer orders are produced on time. This includes the purchase of raw materials in line with customer requirements and shipment dates.
The successful candidate will primarily use independent judgement and decision-making to satisfy the overall responsibility for creating and implementing policies and procedures, assuring continued compliance of both processes and product against established quality assurance guidelines.
Essential duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of an effective and efficient Production Plan.
- Scheduling of customer orders for all departments.
- Creation of production work orders.
- Creation of weekly production plans to ensure target levels of OTIF are achieved.
- Manage placement of raw material orders to ship on time, but within business spend targets.
- Lead daily and weekly planning meetings with Customer Services and Production.
- Liaise with suppliers and communicate with Customer Services regarding delivery dates.
- Control aged stock levels in line with business targets.
- Cross-skill and support general supply chain tasks as required.
- Ability to read customer specification and understand raw material callouts and any specific requirements listed.
Qualifications and proficiency:
- College degree, plus 5 years manufacturing planning experience including shop floor controls, or 10 years manufacturing planning experience including shop floor controls in composites or aerospace.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- CTIM and/or CRIM certification a plus.
- Purchasing, supply chain interface experience a plus.
Sigmatex also offers competitive pay and benefits, vacation, sick time and holidays, 401(k) and growth opportunities.
Qualified candidates please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Participants at CW’s Carbon Fiber 2012 Conference see one coming as early as 2016.
Options for adding color have been around for decades, but new products are hoping to up the ante and open new markets.
Fast-reacting resins and speedier processes are making economical volume manufacturing possible.