Barrday Composite Solutions
86 Providence Rd.
Millbury , MA 01527 US
A Message from Barrday Composite Solutions
As Seen In CompositesWorld
Tech Table: Adhesives
A table of aerospace structural adhesives includes collected from data provided by suppliers.
Consolidating thermoplastic composite aerostructures in place, Part 2
Thermoplastic composite structures could eliminate the autoclave and fasteners, but will a one- or two-step process prevail?
Consolidating thermoplastic composite aerostructures in place, Part 1
After more than 30 years of development, in-situ consolidation is nearing its promise to eliminate fasteners and the autoclave, and enable an integrated, multifunctional airframe.
Carbon/epoxy Cadillac hood
Automated process for prepreg hood inner/outer cuts weight by 20% and yields Class A exterior out of the autoclave.
Carbon/epoxy Cadillac hood in production
While they typically keep their research efforts close to the vest, automakers and automotive Tier suppliers nevertheless are always in the process of evaluating the multitude of materials available for lightweighting.
Cruise-capable rotorcraft exploits the performance of composites
The Carter Aviation Personal Air Vehicle combines the best of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, in an all-carbon composite design.
Why South Carolina? Why now?
CW guest columnist Tom Lemire (T.F. Lemire Consulting Inc., Irvine, CA, US), comments on the aerospace industry's current attraction to this particular spot on the US map and wonders if it's the beginning of a trend.
2013 JEC Europe new product showcase
The JEC Europe 2013 trade show (March 12-14, at the Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, Paris, France) was the venue for introductions of a large number of new composite materials, technologies and manufacturing processes. Here's the HPC editorial staff's compilation of what was on display.
SAMPE 2013 Long Beach new product showcase
The SAMPE 2013 trade show (May 6-9, in Long Beach, Calif.) was the venue for introductions of a large number of new composite materials, technologies and manufacturing processes. Here's the HPC editorial staff's compilation of what was on display.
JEC 2013 at first blush
CT Editor-in-chief Jeff Sloan risks some immediate reactions to his week in Paris at the JEC Europe 2013 composites trade show.
HPC for Aircraft Interiors Conference review
Colocated with Aircraft Interiors Expo Americas, CompositesWorld’s High-Performance Composites for Aircraft Interiors Conference focused on ways to get more composites inside the aircraft.
HPC in Aircraft Interiors at a glance
A quick look at the conference presentations tentatively scheduled for the 2012 HPC in Aircraft Interiors conference (Sept. 25-26, 2012; Seattle Wash.). Colocated witht he Aircraft Interiors Expo America (AIX) trade show, the conference is produced by CompositesWorld Conferences.
CompositesWorld Conferences 2012 preview
CW joins forces with North American trade show organizers to produce two new colocated and coordinated trade show/conference offerings that complement CW’s premier event, Carbon Fiber 2012.
Antiballistics: Better defense, less expense
Armor applications grow on the strength of new markets, new composite materials.
High-Performance Resins 2010 Highlights
Inaugural conference for the advanced resins research crowd updates formulators and processors on the latest developments.
SAMPE 2010 Seattle Showcase
SAMPE’s first-ever foray into Boeing Country wrapped up with the M&P organization’s biggest draw this decade.
SAMPE ’08 technology showcase
Billed as the world’s largest advanced materials trade event, SAMPE’s 2008 Symposium and Exhibition returned to Long Beach.
The Art of Armor Development
Composites are playing a bigger role in antiballistic systems designed to defuse a host of weapons, including improvised explosive devices.
Composites on the frontlines
Armored vehicle applications on the ground and in the air fuel a growing, evolving market forhigh-performance materials.
Are high-temp thermosets ready to go commercial?
Developed for the U.S. military, these high-performance matrices are branching out into wider use.
Advances in sizings and surface treatments for carbon fibers
As carbon reinforcements find new applications, unfamiliar processes and resin systems make sizing and treatment surprisingly hot topics.
- Matrix resins, thermoset
- Fabrics, unimpregnated
- Aramid, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Aramid, 5-harness
- Aramid, 8-harness
- Aramid, Basket-weave
- Aramid, Plain-weave
- Aramid, Twill
- Aramid, Woven roving
- Aramid, Other
- Carbon, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Carbon, 5-harness
- Carbon, 8-harness
- Carbon, Basket-weave
- Carbon, Plain-weave
- Carbon, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Carbon, Twill
- Carbon, Woven roving
- Carbon, Other
- Other unimpregnated fabrics
- Other, 4-harness (crowsfoot)
- Other, 5-harness
- Other, 8-harness
- Other, Basket-weave
- Other, Plain-weave
- Other, Stitched (knitted, nonwoven)
- Other, Twill
- Other, Other
- Prepregs, thermoplastic
- Other thermoplastic prepregs
- Prepregs, thermoset
- Bismaleimide, Fabric
- Bismaleimide, Mat
- Bismaleimide, Other broadgoods
- Cyanate ester
- Cyanate ester, Fabric
- Cyanate ester, Mat
- Cyanate ester, Other broadgoods
- Epoxy, <12K tow
- Epoxy, >12K tow
- Epoxy, 3-inch tape
- Epoxy, 6-inch tape
- Epoxy, 12-inch tape
- Epoxy, 60-inch tape
- Epoxy, Other tape
- Epoxy, Fabric
- Epoxy, Mat
- Epoxy, Other broadgoods
- Epoxy, Roving
- Epoxy, 250 F cure
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, <12K tow
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, >12K tow
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, 3-inch tape
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, 6-inch tape
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, 12-inch tape
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, 60-inch tape
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, Other tape
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, Fabric
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, Mat
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, Other broadgoods
- Epoxy, 250 F cure, Roving
- Epoxy, 350 F cure
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, <12K tow
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, >12K tow
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, 3-inch tape
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, 6-inch tape
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, 12-inch tape
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, 60-inch tape
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, Other tape
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, Fabric
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, Mat
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, Other broadgoods
- Epoxy, 350 F cure, Roving
- Epoxy, toughened
- Epoxy, toughened, <12K tow
- Epoxy, toughened, >12K tow
- Epoxy, toughened, 3-inch tape
- Epoxy, toughened, 6-inch tape
- Epoxy, toughened, 12-inch tape
- Epoxy, toughened, 60-inch tape
- Epoxy, toughened, Other tape
- Epoxy, toughened, Fabric
- Epoxy, toughened, Mat
- Epoxy, toughened, Other broadgoods
- Epoxy, toughened, Roving
- Phenolic, <12K tow
- Phenolic, >12K tow
- Phenolic, 3-inch tape
- Phenolic, 6-inch tape
- Phenolic, 12-inch tape
- Phenolic, 60-inch tape
- Phenolic, Other tape
- Phenolic, Fabric
- Phenolic, Mat
- Phenolic, Other broadgoods
- Phenolic, Roving
- Polyester, unsaturated
- Polyester, unsaturated, Fabric
- Polyester, unsaturated, Mat
- Polyester, unsaturated, Other broadgoods
- Polyimide, Fabric
- Polyimide, Mat
- Polyimide, Other broadgoods
- Vinyl ester
- Vinyl ester, Fabric
- Vinyl ester, Mat
- Vinyl ester, Other broadgoods
- Other, <12K tow
- Other, >12K tow
- Other, 3-inch tape
- Other, 6-inch tape
- Other, 12-inch tape
- Other, 60-inch tape
- Other, Other tape
- Other, Fabric
- Other, Mat
- Other, Other broadgoods
- Bismaleimide, Film
- Bismaleimide, Paste
- Bismaleimide, Solvent-based
- Bismaleimide, Water-based
- Bismaleimide, Other
- Epoxy, Film
- Epoxy, Paste
- Epoxy, Solvent-based
- Epoxy, Water-based
- Epoxy, Other
- Phenolic, Solvent-based
- Phenolic, Water-based
- Polyimide, Solvent-based
- Silicone, Solvent-based
- Other, Paste
- Other, Solvent-based
- Other, Water-based
- Composite, carbon fiber/epoxy
- Composite, prepreg
- Tooling equipment, materials and supplies
- Tooling prepreg
- Thermoplastic materials
- Coating and painting
- Continuous laminating
- Cutting, finishing, and machining
- Thermoset materials
- Continuous laminating
- Custom compounding and blending
- Cutting, finishing, and machining
- Other thermoset fabricating services
- Consulting, materials
- Testing, materials