DuPont Protection Solutions
5401 Jefferson Davis Hwy.
Richmond , VA 23234 US
- Visit Company Website
As Seen In CompositesWorld
Composites' role in seawater reverse osmosis desalination
Part two of a two-part series on the role of composites for meeting California’s 21st-century water needs.
Spacesuits for the next generation
NASA has unveiled two new spacesuit designs that will be used for the Artemis program moon missions.
Armor Update: Reinforced elastomeric composite blast barrier
A new, flexible, lightweight, portable debris shield holds promise for protecting building occupants in military zones.
FRP charge-air cooler stands up underhood
Injection molded glass/PA streamlines turbocharger intake manifold build.
Supply and demand: Advanced fibers
Demand for advanced fiber, virgin and reclaimed, is on an upswing after a dip during the recent recession. Fiber suppliers are gearing up to meet an expected increase in demand as manufacturers in a number of composites end-markets scale up or start up part development and production programs
Composites tackle concussions
The launch of the first commercial composite football helmet and new research thrusts show FRPs could play a critical role in mitigating head injuries.
Composites extend service of oil and gas pipelines
Corrosion-resistant aramid fiber/thermoplastic liner gives new life to deteriorating steel subsea pipelines.
Cobham Composites: San Diego, CA, US
An aerocomposites force since the dawn of the 1980s, this fabricator’s Big Idea is to move from quality control to in-situ process control on the strength of metrics powered by Big Data.
Supply and demand: Advanced fibers (2015)
Demand for advanced fiber, virgin and reclaimed, is on an upswing after a dip during the recent recession. Fiber suppliers are gearing up to meet an expected increase in demand as manufacturers in a number of composites end-markets scale up or start up part development and production programs.
The fiber (2015)
The structural properties of composite materials are derived primarily from the fiber reinforcement. Fiber types, their manufacture, their uses and the end-market applications in which they find most use are described.
SPE ACCE 2014 report
Automotive composites still on the horizon — are they getting closer?
Airframers vie for shares in growing short-haul market
OEMs of aircraft with 150 or fewer seats exploit composites’ appeal to fuel efficiency-conscious regional air carriers.
Hyperbaric chamber: Portable, pliable FRP handles pressure
Groupe Médical Gaumond Inc. (GMG, Terrebonne, Quebec, Canada) premieres HematoCare, its portable, collapsible composite hyperbaric chamber.
2014 JEC Europe Review
The composites world met again in Paris, vibrant, stronger, and more forward-looking than ever before.
HPC's 20th Anniversary: Thanks to HPC’s charter advertisers
Every trade publication lives and dies by its advertisers, and those who had the gumption to ante up for HPC’s premier issue are listed here and those who are still with us (see page numbers below) are gratefully recognized with the HPC 20th Anniversary Medallion.
Cast polymer categories
The cast polymer industry is multifaceted. Its many products, however, can be grouped into three general categories, differentiated by the materials and manufacturing methods used to make them.
Industrial corrosion control: Huge opportunities
Fiber-reinforced plastic is the ideal but still widely ignored option in environments that eat away at most metal alloys. Opportunities abound, but the key is still education.
High-temp thermoplastics: Higher Expectations
As the drive to greater fuel efficiency under the hood catches fire, fiber-reinforced thermoplastics prove they can take the heat.
High-Performance Fibers 2011 Conference Highlights
CompositesWorld’s annual specialty fibers forum focuses on refining performance.
Sea and land transport: Hydro elevation
Composites lightweight and toughen the hull and superstructure of this transplanted amphibious naval hovercraft.
Carrier-capable, all-composite external fuel tank
Legacy product positions builder for a shot at an F-35 contract.
- Fibers, organic
- Reinforcements, unimpregnated
- Aramid, Chopped strand
- Aramid, Milled fibers
- Aramid, Roving, single-end direct
- Aramid, Surfacing veil
- Aramid, Yarns
- Aramid, Other
- Aramid/glass hybrid
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Chopped strand
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Milled fibers
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Roving, single-end direct
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Surfacing veil
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Yarns
- Aramid/glass hybrid, Other
- C-glass, Chopped strand
- C-glass, Milled fibers
- C-glass, Roving, single-end direct
- C-glass, Surfacing veil
- C-glass, Yarns
- C-glass, Other
- Carbon, Chopped strand
- Carbon, Milled fibers
- Carbon, Roving, single-end direct
- Carbon, Surfacing veil
- Carbon, Yarns
- Carbon, Other
- Carbon/aramid hybrid
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Chopped strand
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Milled fibers
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Roving, single-end direct
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Surfacing veil
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Yarns
- Carbon/aramid hybrid, Other
- Carbon/glass hybrid
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Chopped strand
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Milled fibers
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Roving, single-end direct
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Surfacing veil
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Yarns
- Carbon/glass hybrid, Other
- Ceramic, Chopped strand
- Ceramic, Milled fibers
- Ceramic, Roving, single-end direct
- Ceramic, Surfacing veil
- Ceramic, Yarns
- Ceramic, Other
- E-Glass, Chopped strand
- E-Glass, Milled fibers
- E-Glass, Roving, single-end direct
- E-Glass, Surfacing veil
- E-Glass, Yarns
- E-Glass, Other
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type)
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Chopped strand
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Milled fibers
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Roving, single-end direct
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Surfacing veil
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Yarns
- Structural high-strength glass (S- and R-type), Other
- Other unimpregnated reinforcement forms
- Other, Chopped strand
- Other, Milled fibers
- Other, Roving, single-end direct
- Other, Surfacing veil
- Other, Yarns
- Other, Other
- Core materials and flow media
- Other core materials
- Honeycomb, aramid