ATS releases Inspect 6.3 inspection solution
ATS Inspect 6.3 reduces the costs associated with scrap, rework and warranty claims by collecting, analyzing and reporting attribute and variable data in manufacturing processes.
ATS Applied Tech Systems LLC (Rochester Hills, MI, US) announced in August the release of version 6.3 of their ATS Inspect product quality inspection solution.
According to ATS, the software reduces the costs associated with scrap, rework and warranty claims by collecting, analyzing and reporting attribute and variable data in manufacturing processes. The new version offers:
- Fully interactive 3D CAD reports for a true representation of quality defects.
- The ability to cut up existing components into smaller components based on their location within a custom grid.
- Printable barcode labels linked to the operator’s profile, allowing for barcode scanner log in.
- The ability to see which views have already been checked when recording visual defects, preventing work duplication.
- Improvements to the configuration workflow.
Focused on optimizing traditional hand layup, nacelle and thrust reverser manufacturers cast an eye on future use of automation and closed molding.
Breakthrough manufacturing process produces lightweight, affordable glass-reinforced PPS J-nose on the worlds largest commercial aircraft wing.
Fiber-reinforced composite tooling, ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) and woven fiber composites are all now the realm of 3D printing.