Employment Opportunity: Senior Operations Manager, TenCate Performance Composites
TenCate Performance Composites is seeking a Senior Operations Manager to be based in Camarillo, Calif., U.S.
TenCate Performance Composites (Camarillo, Calif., U.S.), a part of Toray Group (Tokyo, Japan) is a worldwide market leader in the development and production of thermoplastic composites for various industries. The company’s product portfolio is incorporated in consumer products, consumer electronics, medical and orthopedic and other applications. TenCate Performance Composites has production facilities in North America and Asia. TenCate works with both customers and suppliers in the development and production of composite materials enabling overall structural performance.
Summary of the role:
The primary purpose of the Senior Operations Manager is to oversee the production of goods with a strong emphasis on safety and regulatory compliance. Ensuring that all operations are manufactured in a correct, cost-effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established by Tencate. Quality Control liaison within corporate segment, organizing and ensuring ISO and other quality initiatives and communication. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and seek opportunities to expand systems.
The manufacturing Senior Operations Manager leads the manufacturing team by planning and directing their efforts according to the company's needs. The role is responsible for training workers, creating workplace schedules and monitoring the activities of employees. The manager must take responsibility to ensure safety of employees and for meeting production goals, ensuring that customers receive the products they were promised on time. This involves comparing labor availability and manufacturing capabilities with customer requirements, creating reasonable deadlines for both the customer and the manufacturer.
The Senior Operations Manager manages the inventory of raw material needed to manufacture the company's product, ensuring enough is on hand to follow through on orders. Adjust manufacturing methods to increase the efficiency of the process, verify the quality of the product and perform technical support and repairs when needed.
Senior Operations Manager will be a liaison with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance. Effective time management, prioritizing and delegation, are required.
The position will primarily cover Western U.S., reporting to TCPC General Manager and based in Camarillo, Calif., U.S.
Qualifications & proficiency:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Global Operations & Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or related fields is required
- Certified Strategic Operation Management Professional certification a plus
- EH&S certifications a plus
- Lean, Six Sigma certifications a plus
- High comfort level in diverse environments
- Ability to work over multiple time zones
- Ability to travel (North America and Asia)
Essential duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance and deployment of EH&S regulations and activities
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals; formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output; monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout
- Establish objectives and communicate objectives to the manufacturing operations team
- Planning of production units: Production planning, Material planning and Machinery planning
- Production monitoring: follow up day to day production from each line and ensures that production units meet the production target
- Ensures that factory produces quality product at minimum revision and repair cost; esures that only quality goods are shipped
- Costing of production floor: checks manpower costing of each floor and try to keep manpower cost under control
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals and objectives
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts
- Manage facility budgets, including manpower and capital expenditure planning
- Works with General Manager on all matters related to Operations strategy, inbound operations, outbound operations, functional process responsibility within the plant across multiple shifts and other operations related activities
- Collaborates closely with additional senior management (Commercial, Operational, Finance) to ensure Operations activities align with market needs and high-level business goals
- Manage information relative to KPI’s in a timely manner
Job description & essential functions:
- Must be a team player; be forthright, receptive, approachable
- Minimum 5-10 years of successful progression
- Minimum 5-years of experience in management with Production and quality control (thermoplastic composites preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in deploying EH&S regulations and activities
- Oversee the production process, communicate with suppliers about the quality, price, delivery times and ethical standards of the items
- Ensure goods produced meet the customer's satisfaction, in terms of quantity, quality, time and cost
- Developing schedules and managing production
- Ensures that aimiable atmosphere exists in the floor
- Approve commencement of production against a work orders
- Takes measures if progress of production is not satisfactory
- Make arrangement for right line layout or machine layout
- Prepare operations plan weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage Supervisors and other subordinates
- Excellent communication skills with operational and business acumen to work in close collaboration with the General Manager, in addition to the management group, employees and external partners including customers, suppliers and others within and outside of the industry
- Project management expertise with focus on objectives, schedule and budget
- Knowledge of safety regulations in the U.S. and how the regulations impact the operations processes, materials and products
Qualified candidates please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
TenCate Performance Composites is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or protected Veteran status, as well as any other classification protected by local or state laws. This nondiscrimination policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.