Composites UK announces 2019 composites industry award winners
Source | Composites UK
Composites UK (Berkhamsted, U.K.) announced its annual composites industry award winners at its 2019 Industry Awards Dinner on Oct. 30 at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.
The 2019 winners are:
- Trainee/Apprentice of the Year: Nia Jones, National Composites Centre
- Employee of the Year: Jonny Haley, MPM Ltd.
- Employer of the Year: Pentaxia
- Environmental/Sustainability Award: Gurit (UK) Ltd.
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture: Surface Generation
- Innovation in Composite Design: Cecence
- Innovation in Composite Materials: Gurit (UK) Ltd.
In addition, the National Composites Centre’s Janet Mitchell was honored with the Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry Award. Mitchell received this award for her work in championing diversity in engineering.
Guests at the event included the Department for International Trade, Williams Advanced Engineering, Shell, National Composites Centre, Spirit Aerospace, BAE Systems, Airbus, Solvay and more. Speeches were given by Ken Smart, McLaren Automotive’s executive director of business strategy, and Sarah Cruddas, space journalist, TV host and author.
“This event is growing rapidly each year and we’d like to thank our sponsors — Frimo, Zund, Axillium, Engel, Minden Dust Extraction Systems, MPM Ltd., Pegbox Technical Recruitment and Surface Generation — for supporting the event as this allows us to bring in more elements, making the evening one to remember for our guests. The National Composites Centre also
provided valuable support as did McLaren Automotive, allowing us to showcase one of their cars on the night,” says Claire Whysall, communications manager at Composites UK.