AFP/ATL Machine Simulation – VERICUT Composite Simulation (VCS)
VERICUT Composite Simulation (VCS) gives an entire organization the confidence needed to run composite NC machines correctly the first time. Regardless of the programming system used (VCP or others), users can validate NC code to identify issues such as: collisions, overtravels, insufficient material present, NC syntax errors, and material placement quality.
Because the material is applied to the layup form via NC program instructions in a virtual CNC simulation environment, the simulated part can be measured and inspected to ensure the NC program follows manufacturing standards and requirements. A report showing simulation results and statistical information can be created automatically to help build confidence with operators and management. VCS can be used to simulate any number of machines, and includes support for probing, knife trimming paths, laser projection, stitching, Automated Fiber Placement (AFP), and Automated Tape Laying (ATL) machines from numerous machine vendors including Electroimpact, MTorres, AFPT, Accudyne, and others!
VCS Analysis Features:
Reads CAD geometry of the layup form, machine axes, and work cell
• For collision detection and material application simulation
Uses VERICUT virtual machine and control emulation to simulate the layup machinery
• Can be configured for virtually any CNC syntax and machine kinematics configuration
Reads the NC program from any source and simulates the layup process based on actual NC program commands
• Validate the actual NC program that will run on the layup equipment
• Add material to the form based on NC program commands
• Material is added in discrete layers/sequences, constructing the workpiece exactly like the physical process
Checks the process for compaction roller/form conformance and direction
• Verify roller orientation to path
• Verify path correctness to the form and previously applied sequences/layers of material
• Check roller conformance for bridging or excessive compaction
Measures and inspects added material for manufacturing requirements
• Measure overlap, gap, and thickness
• Detect steering radius violations
Exports reports of machine warnings and errors generated during simulation.