ACMA Infrastructure Day 2020
February 12 - 13, 2020
The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA, Arlington, Va., U.S.) will host the fifth annual Infrastructure Day on Feb. 12-13, 2020, on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
According to ACMA, 2020 Infrastructure Day will allow attendees to better understand the political landscape, to gain insights about how to open key federally influenced infrastructure markets, and to learn new skills for effective lobbying for legislation such as the NIST Composites Standards Act and the IMAGINE Act. The NIST Composites Standards passage of the NIST Bill will inject $11 million of research to model composites durability. Passage of the IMAGINE Act will create a combined $650 million pot of money that can be used by asset owners (states, cities) for innovative highway and water infrastructure construction.
Throughout the event, leaders from Congress, the White House and federal agencies will attend, present and network with composites business leaders. Attendees will have the opportunity to interface with leaders from:
- the Federal Highway Administration,
- Department of Energy,
- Environmental Protection Agency,
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works,
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources,
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce,
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and
- senators and representatives serving member districts.
To learn more, visit the 2020 Infrastructure Day website.
Washington D.C., United States of America