Life Cycle Assessment resources
A collection of resources for those engaged in Life Cycle Assessment programs.
For more information about Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and sources of inventory data, consult the following resources:
Industry groups involved in LCAs:
- American Composites Manufacturers Assn. (ACMA) Green Composite Committee | John Busel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athena Sustainable Materials Institute | www.athenasmi.org | (613) 269-3795
- Ashland Inc. (Dublin, Ohio) | New Web site (under development) targets architects, construction engineers/specifiers | www.compositebuild.com
- International Organization for Standards (ISO) LCA guidelines | www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=38498
- Network Group for Composites in Construction (NGCC) | email@example.com | +44 (0) 1246 266246
- Greenbuild International Conference and Expo | www.greenbuildexpo.org
- The American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLACA) | www.lcacenter.org
- The International EPD System (Environmental Product Declaration) nonprofit group | www.environdec.com/pageId.asp?id=100
LCA software resource Web sites:
Life cycle inventory data Web resources:
LCA resources in print:
Green Guide to Composites, published by NetComposites | http://www.netcomposites.com/netcommerce_features.asp?952
LCA experts and consultants:
2715 Ashman St., Midland MI 48640
Tel.: (989) 631-3377
Franklin Assoc., a div. of ERG
4121 W. 83rd St., Ste. 108
Prairie Village, KS 66208
Tel.: (913) 649-2225
Michael Lepech, Ph.D
Dept of Civil and Environmental Engineering
285B Yang & Yamazaki Energy & Environment Bldg.
473 Via Ortega
Stanford, CA 94305-4020
Tel.: (650) 724-9459
Focused on optimizing traditional hand layup, nacelle and thrust reverser manufacturers cast an eye on future use of automation and closed molding.
New technologies and improved methods keep up as tools get bigger and more complex and toolmaking gets ever more challenging.
New out-of-autoclave process combines resin transfer molding with prepregs for complex helicopter part prototype.