CAMX 2017 preview: Material Sciences Corp.
Materials Sciences Corp. (MSC, Horsham, PA, US), an engineering design, manufacturing and testing firm, is exhibiting several technologies and products.
Materials Sciences Corp. (MSC, Horsham, PA, US), an engineering design, manufacturing and testing firm, is exhibiting the following technologies and products in booth Q67:
- Methodologies and tools for characterization, design and analysis of advanced fiber reinforced composite materials and structures;
- Progressive damage models for fiber reinforced composites
- Low-cost manufacturing methods (compression and injection molding) for high-strength composites
- Design optimization for additive manufacturing
- Multifunctional materials
- Specialty textiles, with emphasis on its novel Countervail vibration-canceling technology.
The structural properties of composite materials are derived primarily from the fiber reinforcement. Fiber types, their manufacture, their uses and the end-market applications in which they find most use are described.
Long on technology firsts, this optimized, automated manufacturing process produces nothing short of the “perfect” bike frame.
From multifunctional aircraft interiors to compounds using continuous fabrics to the growing use of recycled carbon fiber – compression molding offers new opportunities.