Many composite parts, once molded, are not net shape and must be machined or cut to meet finished dimensions. Some parts require drilling to accommodate fasteners and other hardware. Machine tools designed to cut composites are used in such applicaitons.
Although cooling towers traditionally have been made with wood and concrete, composite materials are gaining acceptance due to their corrosion and rot resistance, light weight and ease of installation.
Read complete article
Sandvik, which has been a minority (49 percent) owner of cutting tool specialist Precorp since 2008, has bought the remaining 51 percent.France-based Fives completes acquisition of MAG Americas Composites Technology
France-based Fives emphasizes the importance of access to composites markets as a major motivating factor for the acquisition.ACP Composites installs second CNC router Composites Technology
California-based ACP Composites added the C.R. Onsrud machine to boost production capacity and increase manufacturing flexibility.Janicki Industries: Breaking the mold Composites Technology
Once known only as a toolmaker, Janicki offers unique precision, production capability and problem solving as it pioneers leading-edge composites technology.CGTech and SGS Carbide Tool sign technical partnership agreement Composites Technology
The Irvine, Calif.-based independent CNC simulation software company, through its East Essex, U.K., branch, will install its VERICUT suite at the SGS Technical Centre in Wokingham, from which they will serve mutual customers.