Firehole Composites (Laramie, Wyo.) has released Helius:CompositePro version 4.2, which includes several the following new features and capabilities:
- Tools for analysis of thick-walled pressure vessels.
- Export of lamina and laminate data to Abaqus, ANSYS and MSC Nastran.
- Users interested in post first-ply failure may specify the number of failed plies that must occur before the laminate is considered to have failed.
- When quadratic failure criteria are used, Factor of Safety is now calculated along with Failure Index for the seven failure criteria available for analysis.
- Users no longer have to browse for their laminate in each analysis window that is opened. If selected, Remember My Laminate will automatically populate each tool with the most recently used laminate.
- Tools with similar functionality (i.e., Plate Bending, Stability and Vibration) have been merged into one window with multiple tabs.
- The fabric builder tool has been improved with features that allown users to navigate forward and backward through their designs to allow for iterative changes.
Although Firehole Composites was recently acquired by Autodesk (San Rafael, Calif.), all Firehole product offerings will be retained and will eventually integrate Autodesk features and functions, as appropriate.