Reno Machine Co. Inc. (Newington, CT, US) will emphasize its moldmaking services, including the design and manufacture of complex tooling and fixtures. Reno Machine also specializes in:
- Development and production components and hardware
- Large machined components
- CNC 5-axis milling up to 35 ft
- CNC turning up to 144 inches diameter
- 5-Axis composites machining
- Contract manufacturing support services
- Design, tooling, machine and support equipment
- CNC/CMM programming services
Capabilities include composite mold design and build capabilities for layup, resin transfer molding, vacuum bag and autoclave molds; design and build of composite support tooling trim tools, drill fixtures and bonding tools. Markets served by Reno include aerospace, power generation, marine and defense. Reno, founded in 1957, operates four facilities in Connecticutt, with total manufacturing space of 150,000 ft2. Reno is ISO 9001:2000 and AS9100C certified, and ITAR registered.
Editor PickPlant tour: Aeris Energy, Caucaia, Brazil
In Northeast Brazil, wind blade manufacturer Aeris Energy is laser-focused on serving the domestic energy market, but it's poised to expand to serve the entire world. In the process, it has developed operations and a workforce that makes it a standout in the region.