Convergent Manufacturing Technologies Inc. (Vancouver, BC, Canada) and its sister company Convergent Manufacturing Technologies US Inc. will demonstrate its RAVEN and COMPRO composites manufacturing process simulation software, and its COHO Gas Flow and Leak Detection System. Convergent’s products are used to reduce manufacturing risk, shorten development times and reduce manufacturing costs in composites manufacturing. Convergent emphasizes the following four pillars in software development:
Convergent’s software suite enables engineers to run thermal simulations with and without directly interacting with finite element (FE) meshes, making manufacturing improvements via composites process simulation more accessible. In addition, FE analysts and stress engineers can leverage the software they are familiar with by using the COMPRO plug-in to understand residual stresses and deformations, then appropriately compensate the tooling or adjust the process.
Convergent’s gas flow and vacuum leak detection system, COHO, saves significant time in production by detecting and localizing vacuum bag, equipment and tooling leaks. COHO’s key advantages include:
- Leak identification and localization in real time
- Flow measurements (part-size independent measurements, unlike pressure rise tests)
- Data logging for better quality control and historical data mining to aid in troubleshooting
- Improving consistency in bagging practices (which can be important with high operator/ bagging personnel turnover)
- Save time by quickly identifying and sealing bag leaks
Convergent will be demonstrating both their software and hardware at the exhibit.
Editor PickSafran Nacelles launches new automated NDT platform that combines infrared thermography, augmented reality
This process was devised for the A320neo LEAP1A and A330neo Trent 7000 nacelle programs.