Infusion specialist Airtech International (Huntington Beach, Calif., USA) is featuring several products at its CAMX 2014 booth:
- Airflow 100R, a durable high-temperature and high-pressure autoclave hose, is now available with 90° fixed end fittings on one or both ends. The silicone rubber outer protective sleeve encases a braided stainless steel covering a PTFE inner tube supported with a flexible steel spring conduit. Its design prevents collapse from vacuum or autoclave pressures.
- Vac-Gauge 40D is a versatile digital vacuum gauge used for leak detection and vacuum determinations under the vacuum bag. The gauge offers vacuum readings in four selectable units: mBar, mmHg, inHg, and Kpa.
- Airtech Vacuum Test Unit is a compact, lightweight and reportedly easy-to-use device to test in-service equipment or to check equipment that has undergone maintenance, like seal replacements on vacuum valves or end fitting replacements on vacuum hoses.
- Airpad HTX is an uncured non-silicone rubber that can be made into caul sheets and flexible mandrels.
- Toolwright 3 and Toolwright 5 are extruded fluoropolymer films coated with silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive. The yellow color is highly visible on most substrates; the material offers high elongation and tensile strength.
- Wrightlease 2 is an extruded fluoropolymer film coated with silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive. The orange color is highly visible on most substrates; the material offers high elongation and tensile strength. Wrightlease 2R has the same features as Wrightlease 2, but is rubber-based and light green.
Editor PickPlant tour: Aeris Energy, Caucaia, Brazil
In Northeast Brazil, wind blade manufacturer Aeris Energy is laser-focused on serving the domestic energy market, but it's poised to expand to serve the entire world. In the process, it has developed operations and a workforce that makes it a standout in the region.