Premix (North Kingsville, Ohio, USA) reported on March 21 that its Premi-Glas 3101-20, a fiberglass-reinforced thermoset bulk molding compound (BMC) for electrical applications, passes the ASTM D-2303 standard for arc track resistance at an exposure of greater than 2,000 minutes—surpassing the recognized industry standard. Premix is a business unit of The Composites Group.
ASTM D-2303 tests resistance to tracking on an incline plane in the presence of a liquid contaminant. The material was tested at 2,500V. Premi-Glas 3101-20 is used for circuit breakers, switchgear and other applications where fire retardance is required. Its other key features and benefits include:
- Non-halogen FR technology for regulatory compliance
- Good dimensional stability and electrical properties
- Recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), File #E42524
- Outstanding flow and fill in compression, transfer and injection molding
- Pigmentable for molded-in color, best appearance with mold texture
The Composites Group includes three business units—Premix, Hadlock Plastics and Quantum Composites.