Stephen W. Tsai & Associates and Stanford University are hosting Composites Design Workshop VI, an intensive, online, live, certificated training session Jan. 17-26, 2012.
The $1,200 (USD) workshop provides:
- Foundation and skills for engineers, managers and students.
- Alternative to empirically based building block approach.
- Demonstrations of simulation as a design tool.
- Ways to challenge design rules and expand design space.
- Use of master curves to generate more revealing and generic data.
The registration package includes:
- 32-hour intensive live online sessions via WebEx.
- Live sofware demonstration and practice sessions.
- Tuition-covered iPad 2 (U.S. residents only) to take full advantage of eBooks and most fundamental material covered.
- Free copies of three books (eBook format): Strength & Life of Composites, Theory of Composites Design and Lekhnitskii´s Anisotropic Plates.
- Free Copy of Abaqus - Student Edition.
Tools provided include:
- Mic-Mac's and Super Mic-Mac
- MicMac/FEA (Abaqus)
- Lekhnitskii´s exact solutions
- Life prediction of random fatigue
- Progressive damage of laminates with holes and bolts
- Use of cohesive elements for damage tolerance
- 3-D Beam for preliminary design
- Uncertainty estimation and reliability theory
Each participant has direct access to live WebEx sessions; recordings of the live sessions can be downloaded later. Workshop also provides access to interactive forum to post questions and share comments.
Visit www.stanford.edu/group/composites/ for more information and to register.
Editor PickRoccor leverages SwiftComp software for composites simulation
AnalySwift recently licensed the SwiftComp technology through the Purdue Research Foundation Office of Technology Commercialization.