Axel Plastics Research Laboratories (Woodside, N.Y., USA), a manufacturer of proprietary mold releases and process aid additives has announced that Jacob (Jake) Axel has assumed the position of president. Current president Frank Axel will remain with the company in the capacity of chairman and CEO. Jake Axel represents the third generation of family leadership for this ISO9001-certified worldwide supplier to the plastics and rubber industries. Jake is a graduate of Brandeis University (2001) and an MBA candidate at Columbia Business School. In 2009, Jake was elected to the American Composite Manufacturers Association Board of Directors.
Cook Composites and Polymers (CCP, Kansas City, Mo., USA) has announced its 2010 CCP U schedule. CCP U is a series of composites training events held at CCP's Technology Center in North Kansas City, Mo. Each topic includes brief classroom sessions with extended hands-on workshops intended to offer practical tips and techniques for better quality parts. For more information or to attend, call 800-821-3590 ext. 6394, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. CCP U 2010 schedule:
- Gel Coat Application and Patching: Jan. 26-28
- Composites in Wind Energy: Feb. 24-25
- Advanced Composite Materials: March 24-25
- Advanced Light Resin Transfer Molding Tooling: April 26-30
- Composites Production Management: May 18-19
- Architectural Composites: June 16-17
- Tooling 101: Design, Fabrication and Maintenance of Composite Molds: July 14-15
- Advances in Infusion Materials: Aug. 11-12
- Composites Production Management: Sept. 15-16
- Tooling 201: Advanced Mold Making: Oct. 13-14
- Gel Coat Application and Patching: Nov. 10-11
Creative Pultrusions Inc. (Alum Bank, Pa., USA) reports it has obtained a third patent on its SuperLoc pultruded bulkhead system. The system includes a series of sheet pile shapes, sheet pile caps and a pultruded wale section. The various shapes are used to construct an extremely corrosion-resistant bulkhead used for the protection of waterfront assets.