Magnolia Plastics (Chamblee, Ga., USA) has announced that Magnobond 6168-1 A/B, an aerospace structural epoxy paste adhesive, is now qualified to Sikorsky Specification SS8622, Rev. 6. Magnobond 6168-1 is listed on the Sikorsky SS8622 QPL as Sikorsky Supplier Designation: SS8622-011(A).
Magnobond 6168-1 A/B is now qualified for use as an adhesive/fairing compound for the manufacture and repair of Sikorsky helicopter blades, composite/metal delamination repair, insert bonding, floor board repair and other similar uses. Sikorsky, Sikorsky subcontractors and repair facilities may now use Magnobond 6168-1 A/B (SS8622-011) as an alternative or substitute for SS8622-004.
Magnobond 6168-1 A/B epoxy adhesive application includes:
- OEM Metal-to-Metal bonding
- OEM Composite-to-Composite bonding
- Metal Repair
- Composite repair
- Metal Composite sandwich (honeycomb to skin) manufacture or repair
- Composite sandwich (honeycomb to skin) manufacture or repair.
- Structural adhesive bonding in areas that require flexibility and good vibration resistance