Magnolia Plastics (Chamblee, Ga., USA) has announced that Magnobond 6168-1 A/B, an aerospace structural epoxy paste adhesive, is now qualified to Sikorsky Specification SS8622, Rev. 6. Magnobond 6168-1 is listed on the Sikorsky SS8622 QPL as Sikorsky Supplier Designation: SS8622-011(A).
Magnobond 6168-1 A/B is now qualified for use as an adhesive/fairing compound for the manufacture and repair of Sikorsky helicopter blades, composite/metal delamination repair, insert bonding, floor board repair and other similar uses. Sikorsky, Sikorsky subcontractors and repair facilities may now use Magnobond 6168-1 A/B (SS8622-011) as an alternative or substitute for SS8622-004.
Magnobond 6168-1 A/B epoxy adhesive application includes:
- OEM Metal-to-Metal bonding
- OEM Composite-to-Composite bonding
- Metal Repair
- Composite repair
- Metal Composite sandwich (honeycomb to skin) manufacture or repair
- Composite sandwich (honeycomb to skin) manufacture or repair.
- Structural adhesive bonding in areas that require flexibility and good vibration resistance
Editor PickSicomin appoints Suter Kunststoffe AG as Switzerland distributor
Sicomin’s entire range of advanced epoxy systems will be available to purchase through their new partner.