Job opportunity: Composites Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Head Office, Toronto, ON, Canada
Experience: Five years experience with design and engineering of composite materials
Cervélo is the leader in road and triathlon bicycle engineering and the world’s largest manufacturer of time trial and triathlon bikes. Cervélo has been ridden to the top of the podium at the IronMan World Championships, the Tour De France, and the Olympics.
The company is comprised of people who not only love cycling but also love innovating in every way possible. With a focus on “best bikes, best bike company”, Cervélo is a high-growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial company dedicated to making a difference in the cycling industry. We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team.
The Composites Engineer will maintain and bolster Cervélo’s position as the most advanced performance bicycle brand in the world through product engineering excellence. Under the direction of Engineering Management, the incumbent will research and develop design concepts, manufacturing processes and new materials to continuously advance the performance of Cervélo bicycles.
Reporting to the Engineering R&D Manager, the Composites Engineer is responsible for:
- Completing hands-on layup development at Cervélo and supplier facilities
- Developing and utilizing advanced composite engineering tools (Hyperworks and Laminate Tools) to support layup research and development activities
- Conducting analysis of failure modes and design changes to resolve stiffness and strength issues
- Collaborating with design team through design process
- Identifying and promoting the quest for new concepts, ideas, designs, technologies, process and materials
- Creating prototypes or test methods
- Working with the engineering team to support on-time, on-budget delivery of new designs or technologies
For this position we require:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Five years experience with design and engineering of composite materials and various composite manufacturing techniques
- Experience using composite FEA tools and advanced tools like Hyperworks and Laminate Tools
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Knowledge of bicycle design, mechanics and performance
- Strong teambuilding skills
- Ability to understand and work within a manufacturing environment
- Expert computer skills in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Solutions focused and ability to solve problems
- Experience working with Asian and European suppliers
- Focus on continuous process improvement
- Strong bicycle assembly skills
- Travel is required 10-15% of the time
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email. Note: Only local candidates will be considered (relocation assistance is not provided).
This is truly a very compelling opportunity for the right individual. Should your experience align with the criteria identified within this job posting, you will be contact for consideration. Cervélo is an equal opportunity employer.
Please no phone calls from recruiting agencies.
Editor PickRevolution Fibres increasing production capacity for nanofiber strengthening product
The company is making advancements with its Xantu.Layr product, the reportedly world’s only commercially available nanofiber composite reinforcement veil.