Business Development Manager, Carbon Nexus
- Deakin University, Waurn Ponds, Victoria, Australia
- Job Opening: 160248
- Salary range: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
- Hours of duty: Full-time (36.75 hours per week)
- Employment type: Fixed term for 3 years
- Location of position: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The purpose of the position is to grow commercial income (Category 2, 3 and 4) for the Carbon Nexus research center by identifying and realizing opportunities for income from external clients through development and maintenance of strategic business relationships. The incumbent will develop new strategies and initiatives to grow commercial revenue from a range of sources including contract research, training, consulting, licensing and sales of bespoke carbon fiber products. The incumbent will manage and execute a range of commercial activities across the inquiry-to-order and order-to-delivery processes, including relationship management, negotiating contracts, licenses and agreements, arranging invoicing and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Grow the commercial revenue (Category 2, 3 and 4) of the Carbon Nexus research centre within IFM.
- Position Carbon Nexus as a significant global player in the market for commercial R&D for carbon fiber and composites and as a preferred research provider for key industry clients.
- Establish and manage a portfolio of revenue growth opportunities across the range of Carbon Nexus service and product offerings that will deliver short-term and long-term revenue streams and revenue growth.
- Engage internal stakeholders who are instrumental in providing the service and product offerings of Carbon Nexus, ensuring timely and regular communication of expectations and ensuring timely follow-up on action plans.
- Identify future trends in carbon fiber applications, materials and process technologies and position Carbon Nexus to capitalize on these.
- A graduate degree in engineering or science from a recognized tertiary institution or extensive relevant experience in a government, industry or research environment. Post-graduate qualifications are considered an advantage.
- Extensive experience in a business development role.
- Strategic management experience, including demonstrated understanding of business processes including, planning, marketing research, intellectual property management and costing and pricing processes.
Contact for further information
- Derek Buckmaster
- Phone: +61 3 524 79247
- Email: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, June 19, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/careers-at-deakin/your-employer-of-choice.
- For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/careers-at-deakin.
- All applicants must provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria in addition to providing a resumé.
- Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
- Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Editor PickEuropean SAMPE meeting explores composites innovation
High spots from SAMPE Europe’s Summit 17.