JEC Group (Paris, France), host of JEC Americas 2013, Oct. 3-4 in Boston, Mass., USA, has reported the winners of its Innovation Awards competition. Winners will be recognized in a ceremony at the show. Visit www.jeccomposites.com for more information.
- Category: Supply Chain; winner: Gascogne Laminates, intelligent release liners dedicated to manufacturing of prepregs
- Category: R&D/Design; winner: Hanyang University, specially developed beam element with composite crosssections
- Category: Fibers; winner: Innegra Technologies, series of hybrid yarns for use in composites applications
- Category: Green Solutions; winner: TSE Industries Inc., environmentally friendly, cost-effective high-performance polyurethane resin system for filament winding applications
- Category: Process; winner: Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology (IPT), integrated process chain for automated and flexible production of fiber
- Category: Electric Vehicle; winner: Invenio S.A., solar car built with carbon fiber
- Category: Multisectorial; winner: Advanced Telescopic Technologies Inc., multistage composites telescopic hoist
- Category: Pipes & Water Management; winner: Composite Fluid Transfer, a completely different bicycle frame concept, using the braiding technique with a very high productivity and potential for automation
- Category: Personal Safety; winner: Go Composites, all-composite anchors for personal fall arrest systems
- Category: Innovation Spreading; winner: FS Cruing Diamond/FS Tool, tooling solution that thoroughly evacuates hot dust particles produced during cutting operations.