CompositesWorld, publisher of High-Performance Composites and Composites Technology magazines, as well as the CompositesWorld Weekly newsletter, reports that carbon fiber manufacturer Hexcel has been added to the agenda for its Carbon Fiber 2014 conference.
The conference will be held Dec. 9-11 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines in La Jolla, Calif., USA. Carbon Fiber 2014 is sponsored by C. A. Litzler Co. Inc., Harper International, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Izumi International Inc./Kamitsu and Aonix Advanced Materials Corp.
Conference co-chairs are Tia Benson-Tolle, director of advanced materials, product development, Boeing Commercial Airplanes; and Doug Ward, consulting engineer-composites, GE Aviation.
Joining the speaker lineup is Michael J. Canario, vice president and general manager - Americas of Hexcel. He will discuss challenges and opportunities in the carbon fiber market, with emphasis on market forecasts, regional outlooks and a review of the basic investment economics of small tow/large tow carbon fiber.
Other confirmed speakers to date inclue:
- Innovating Carbon Fiber Composites: Tackling the Major Challenges for Unlocking New Market Opportunities, by ROSS KOZARSKY, analyst-advanced materials, Lux Research Inc.
- Using Simulation to Design Lightweight Metallic and Carbon Composite Structures, by BRETT CHOUINARD, COO, Altair Engineering
- Big Area Additive Manufacturing and Carbon Fiber Composites, by RICK NEFF, manager-market development, Cincinnati Inc.
- Manufacture of Low-cost Carbon Fiber from Unmodified Textile Acrylic Fiber, by LEE MCGETRICK, director, CF Technology Facility, Oak Ridge National Laboratories
- Application of Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic Composites in High Temperature, Low Sag (HTLS) High Voltage Overhead Power Conductors, MICHAEL RUBY, global composites business manager, engineered materials, Celanese; and PAUL SPRINGER, chief engineer, Southwire Co.
- Advanced Automation for Large Composite Structures, BARRETT MILENSKI, research & development engineer, Composites Automation and Processing, ATK Aerospace Structures
- Aerospace Complex-Shape Metal Replacement using Xycomp DLF Thermoplastic Composites, by TIM GREENE, global product manager, Greene, Tweed
- Design and Fabrication of a Prototype Carbon Composite Radio Telescope for the Square Kilometre Array, GORDON LACY, mechanical engineer, NRC Canada
- Recycled Carbon Fibre – processing and conversion (uses and potential uses), by ALEX EDGE, business development manager, ELG Carbon Fibre Ltd.
- Increased Productivity by RFID-Based Material & Asset Tracking – From the Freezer to the Autoclave and Beyond, by AVNER BEN-BASSAT, president & CEO, Plataine Ltd.
- Enabling Growth of Carbon Fiber Production while Balancing Product Quality, Economics, and Safety through Computational Fluid Dynamics [CFD] Modeling Analysis, by WILLIAM STRY, PETER WITTING, DAVID GELDARD, RENEE BAGWELL, Harper International
For information about the agenda, lodging, registration and other details, please visit Carbon Fiber 2014.
Editor PickChomarat announces 35 million euro investment plan
Part of the development strategy will focus on two new sectors for the company: aerospace and automotive.