The Fiberglass Material Council (FMC, Schaumburg, Ill., USA) of the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) has launched a new website, developed by the FMC Marketing Committee, featuring new content and an updated page layout, as well as the addition of relevant information of interest to the fiberglass community and the fenestration industry as a whole.
In addition to fiberglass news and events, Web users are able to navigate to pages related to fiberglass covering:
- Market Study Data that illustrates fiberglass' popularity and market growth.
- Green and Sustainability information that highlights fiberglass' high sustainability, its compatibility with glazing materials and its energy efficiency. Many fiberglass fenestration products have earned the ENERGY STAR label. Fiberglass windows and doors are popular choices for architects, designers, builders, contractors and others seeking to create LEED certified buildings.
- Pultrusion gives a brief overview of the pultrusion process, a fabrication process that produces lineal material used to create fiberglass windows and doors.
- Fiberglass Product Reliability and Durability, which gives details on how fiberglass is designed to withstand the challenges of unique climate conditions (e.g., extreme high and low temperatures and hurricane-force winds).
- Protective Coatings, which details factory-finished fenestration options. Coated fiberglass products offer labor-saving, environmentally-friendly solutions. The surfaces of coated fiberglass are resistant to blistering, peeling or chipping.
- Corrosion Resistance, which gives brief details on why fiberglass is naturally resistant to corrosion and staining.
Editor PickŞişecam invests in new glass fiber plant in Turkey
The new plant, which will have an annual production capacity of 70,000 metric tons, is expected to become operational in the second half of 2018.