CompositesWorld, publisher of High-Performance Composites and Composites Technology magazines, as well as the CompositesWorld Weekly newsletter, has announced the launch of a web-based Knowledge Center that focuses on the applicaiton of automated tape laying (ATL) and Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) in the manufacture of high-performance carbon fiber composite parts and structures.
Sponsored by machine programming and simulation expert CGTech (Irvine, Calif.), manufacturer of the VERICUT programming system, the Knowledge Center offers:
- Overview of ATL/AFP technology
- A webinar on AFP capabilities
- A primer on evaluating AFP producability
- Information on programming for ATL and AFP
- ATL/AFP simulation
- Information on the trimming of composite parts
- A list of commonly asked questions
- A glossary of common ATL/AFP terms
The site also includes an Ask the Expert feature that allows users to ask questions of CGTech's Bill Hasenjaeger, product manager and expert on machine-independent programming of ATL/AFP systems. Finaly, the site has a video that illustrates the principles of machine programming and simulation for ATL/AFP.
Click ATL/AFP Knowledge Center for more information.