CompositesWorld, publisher of High-Performance Composites and Composites Technology magazines, as well as the CompositesWorld Weekly newsletter, has announced a preliminary lineup for the upcoming CompositesWorld 2012: Materials, Markets, Manufacturing conference in North Charleston, S.C., USA, Oct. 22-23.
Being held in conjunction with SAMPE Tech 2012 at the Charleston Convention Center in North Charleston, the two-day conference will give an overview of the key market opportunities for composite materials business, followed by new process and product developments and manufacturing technologies for industry veterans and newcomers to the composites industry.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Ross Kozarsky, Lux Research Inc.: Optimizing materials selection in automotive and aerospace structures
- David Maass, Danobat: Automated dry fiber placement for infused composites
- Randal Spencer, Concordia Manufacturing LLC: Commingled carbon fiber/thermoplastic fiber drapable prepregs
- Lutz Heinig, Karl Mayer North America: Stitch-bonding
- Eric Koettker, Dixie Chemical Co.: Reducing styrene emissions
- Alex Harding, Cajero Ltd.: Optimizing machining for composites
- Bill Hasenjager, CGTech: Abilities and limitations of automated fiber placement
- Sanjay Mazumdar, Lucintel: Composite market opportunites in China
For more information on the conference, visit www.compositesworld.com/conferences/compositesworld-2012-materials-markets-manufacturing-conference.