New adhesives for wind turbine blades, automated manufacturing processes for layering of non-crimp fabric (NCF) and innovative PET foams for enhanced form stability will be featured in specialty tours at COMPOSITES EUROPE (Oct. 7-9, Düsseldorf, Germany). New materials, automated manufacturing processes as well as repair and maintenance services will play central roles.
“Wind Energy Meets Composites” will include guided tours of the show floor, organized in cooperation with OMWINDENERGY, will take place at 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Oct. 8. The 90-minute tours will present opportunities for background discussions with associations and corporations along with insights into the manufacturing process. A noontime networking reception at the Composites VIP Lounge will provide a venue for talks and an exchange of experiences among industry participants.
The exhibition tour will make stops at these locations, among others:
- Dow: New line of adhesives for resilient wind turbine blades
- 3A Composites: PET foam core material with optimised formability
- Zoltek: Production-ready CFRP materials as structural components
- 3B Fibreglass: New composites for wind turbine blades
- SAERTEX: Two-dimensional automated layup of NCF layers
There is no charge for attending the tour. If interested, please send an e-mail to wind@composites- europe.com
Editor PickKey takeaways from JEC World 2017
A quick read of the composites tea leaves after JEC World 2017.