Technology and specialty materials company Celanese (Dallas, Texas, USA; Shanghai, China; Frankfurt, Germany) reported on Oct. 1 that it is simplifying its brand architecture to capture in a single brand the full suite of Celanese technology, resources, products and solutions.
There are several changes Celanese is making to support this vision and to communicate its value proposition to customers. Celanese is launching a unified brand that represents the company’s multiple businesses and capabilities.
Historically, Celanese was represented by separate businesses, including: Acetate Products, Acetyl Intermediates, Advanced Fuel Technologies, Clarifoil, Emulsion Polymers, EVA Performance Polymers, Nutrinova, and Ticona Engineering Polymers. Each of these names will fade and be replaced by Celanese.
“Our vision represents Celanese’s depth and breadth of industry and chemistry knowledge, the capabilities to innovate for our customers, the dedication to creating value, and a commitment to partnerships to help our customers succeed,” says Mark Rohr, chairman and chief executive officer. “We believe the phrase that best describes Celanese is ‘The chemistry inside innovation.'”
“Going forward, everyone in Celanese, our world-class products, our process technologies and solutions from historical businesses will now be represented by one Celanese name,” sauys Rohr.
Some of the products, solutions and technologies include:
- Engineered materials such as Hostaform / Celcon POM, GUR UHMW-PE and Celstran LFRT;
- Cellulose derivatives such as Clarifoil and CelFX matrix technology;
- Emulsion polymers including EcoVAE, TruModa and Vinamul;
- EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) polymer products including Ateva and VitalDose;
- Food ingredients including Sunett and the Qorus sweetener system; and
- Intermediate chemistry products and technologies such as AOPlus, VAntagePlus and TCX Technology.
“The new Celanese brand reinforces the power of our global organization. The brand also speaks to our unwavering focus on the safety of our people, plants and products; our commitment to operations excellence; and the strength of Celanese’s talented employees who collaborate with our customers to develop fresh solutions that solve their most critical needs,” says Rohr.