CompositesWorld, publisher of CompositesWorld magazine and the CompositesWorld Weekly e-newsletter, reports that its upcoming Carbon Fiber conference, Dec. 8-10 in Knoxville, TN, US, will feature Perry J. Moore, director — 777X Wing Operations at Boeing (Everett, WA, US).
Moore, who will speak at Carbon Fiber during the morning of Dec. 10, will discuss the design, development and manufacture of the carbon fiber composite wing being produced for the forthcoming 777X. Moore has woked at Boeing since 1990 and has held his current position working on the 777X wing since 2013.
The rest of the Carbon Fiber 2015 agenda is coming together and near completion and will feature presentations from:
- Ryan Paul, GrafTech International Holdings (Parma, OH, US) and Amit Naskar, Oak Ridge National Labs (ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN), update on biomass as precursor for carbon fiber manufacture
- Adrian Williams, Future Materials Group (FMG, Cambridge, UK), understanding the economics of the aerospace and automotive markets
- John Russell, US Air Force Research Lab (Wright Patterson AFB, OH, US), next-generation military aircraft
- Anthony Vicari, Lux Research (Boston, MA, US), roadmap and hurdles to carbon fiber growth
- Avner Ben-Bassat, Plataine (Waltham, MA, US), RFID in carbon fiber composites fabrication
- Anand Rau, Crosslink Technologies (Lincoln, NE, US), effect of carbon fiber age in finished product quality
- Kelly Visconti, US Department of Energy, composites opportunities in clean energy applications
In addition, Carbon Fiber’s pre-conference seminar this year features Chris Red, principal of Composites Forecasts and Consulting LLC (Gilbert, AZ, US), presenting his highly anticipated report, titled, “2015 Global Markets for Carbon Fiber Composites: Adaptations to High Growth and Market Maturity.” This will include his assessment of carbon fiber end-use demand, as well as a summary of carbon fiber global and regional manufacturing capacity. The morning of the pre-conference seminar includes a tour of the ORNL Manufacturing Development Facility (Oak Ridge), which will offer a demonstration of a Big Area Additive Manufacturing (BAAM) machine, developed by ORNL and Cincinnati Inc. (Harrison, OH, US).
Carbon Fiber's sponsors are Harper International, Toho Tenax America Inc./Diversified Structural Composites, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Izumi International, Inc./Kamitsu, Knoxville Oak Ridge Innovation Valley, and C.A. Litzler Co.
For more information about the conference, or to register, visit www.carbonfiberevent.com.
Editor PickJob opportunity: Materials and Processes Engineer
Scaled Composites (Mojave, Calif.) is searching for a Materials and Processes Engineer who will develop and maintain the knowledge base of the materials and processes used on Scaled projects and will have significant responsibility across multiple programs.