CompositesWorld reports that issues a call for papers for its Carbon Fiber 2015 conference, scheduled for Dec. 8-10, 2015, at the Knoxville Convention Center (Knoxville, TN, US).
At CompositesWorld’s Carbon Fiber 2015, carbon fiber manufacturers, composite industry executives and technologists will come together to explore expanding the role of carbon fiber in the composites industry. Attendees will receive a complete briefing on the outlook for growth, supply and demand of carbon fibers, including market trends by region and sector, new technologies, emerging applications and challenges that lie ahead for the carbon fiber composite market. This meeting provides an objective, comprehensive forum to discuss new developments for carbon fibers in emerging industrial markets, such as wind energy, marine, and construction, as well as in traditional markets, such as aerospace and sporting goods. Discussions will focus on methods to streamline manufacturing costs in both industrial and aerospace applications and the outlook for consumption in markets with significant potential for growth.
To submit a topic for consideration, send an abstract of 200 words or less to Scott Stephenson, Conference Director, CompositesWorld Conferences (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include company name, speaker’s name and contact information, and a tentative title and subtitles for the presentation.
CompositesWorld Conferences focus on technical and business issues, as well as market trends, so your presentation should ideally include:
- A market size and growth estimate
- Current technical and market requirements
- Emerging needs
- What future demands might be placed on suppliers, composite manufacturers, end users, and providers of support equipment to the global composite industry.
The total time allotted for the presentation is 30 minutes, with 20-25 minutes for the presentation and 5-10 minutes for questions and discussion.
Speaker benefits include:
- Free admission to the conference (a US$1,595 value), which includes two networking cocktail receptions, continental breakfasts, breaks and two roundtable discussion luncheons
- Two half-price (US$800 value) colleague conference passes
- Option to attend pre-conference seminar for half price (US$300 value)
- A tabletop exhibit at the conference at the special speaker rate of US$500 (savings US$500). A limited number of exhibit tables are available.
Editor PickBASF’s student competition looks for superior finish on carbon fiber composites
Competition open to U.S. and Canadian Ph.D. students and young researchers.