CompositesWorld, publisher of High-Performance Composites and Composites Technology magazines, as well as the CompositesWorld Weekly e-newsletter, is nearing completion of the agenda for its Carbon Fiber 2012 conference, Dec. 4-6 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines in La Jolla, Calif., USA.
CompositesWorld’s Carbon Fiber 2012 conference, sponsored by C. A. Litzler and Harper International, will provide an objective, comprehensive forum to discuss new developments for carbon fibers in emerging industrial markets, such as wind energy, marine, and construction, as well as in traditional markets, such as aerospace and sporting goods. Discussions will focus on methods to streamline manufacturing costs in both industrial and aerospace applications and the outlook for consumption in markets with significant potential for growth.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Jai Venkatesan, director, Materials Science & Engineering, Dow Chemical Co., on industrialization of composites.
- Ross Kozarsky, analyst—Advanced Materials, Lux Research Inc., on overcoming carbon fiber's limitations.
- Joaquim R. R. A. Martins, associate professor and Graduate Program chair, University of Michigan, Dept. of Aerospace Enginnering, on comparison of metallic and composite aircraft wings using design optimization.
- Robert Blackmon, VP of Integrated Systems, Harper International, on innovations in oxidation technology.
- Dan Ott, global strategic account manager, Web Industries, on automated fiber placement processing.
- Damian Bannister, CTO, Gurit UK, on manufacturing with carbon fiber prepreg.
- Lee McGetrick, director, CF Technology Facility, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, on carbon fiber technician training.
- Chuck Segal, managing director and John Dispennette, chief analyst, OMNIA LLC, on Iceland's value proposition for manufacturing carbon fiber.
- Geoffrey M. Wood, CEO, Profile Composites Inc., on a high-performance carbon fiber composites application.
- Dr. Robert N. Yancey, senior director—Global Aerospace and Anthony Norton, senior director—Global Automotive at Altair Engineering, on carbon fiber in automotive and aerospace applications.
For more information on the conference, and to register, visit Carbon Fiber 2012.