The 4th International Conference - Advances in Rotor Blades for Wind Turbines will be helad at Swissôtel, Bremen, Germany on Feb. 24-26, 2015. Produced by IQPC (Berlin, Germany), this event features leading wind blade and turbine OEMs, design firms and research institutes presenting the latest developments for more efficient blade manufacturing, improved blade performance, design of ever longer blades and ultimately, lowered cost of energy.
The conference is co-chaired by Alessio D'Alesio, head of V126 blade development for Vestas Blades UK and Paul Hayden, CTO of Blade Dynamics in the UK.
The conference theme — Efficient ways to optimize the cost of energy throughout the blade lifetime — focuses on rotor blades as a decisive factor in the race for lower cost of energy and offers focused knowledge exchange, interactive panel sessions and networking. Key subthemes include:
- The development of alternative materials, composites and new material mixes to decrease weight and costs;
- Increasingly larger blades and related challenges for design and production;
- Efficient ways to optimize structural design and aerodynamics to increase blade performance;
- Operators’ view on blade damage and discussion of related challenges for design, materials and reliability;
- Tools and processes to exploit the potential for improving and streamlining blade production.
- Lifecycle considerations of XL rotorblades — Areva (UK)
- NR65.5: Challenges in design, production and logistics of a very large onshore rotor blade — Nordex Energy (Germany)
- Building Block Approach on Gamesa XL Blades Validation — Gamesa Windpower, (Spain)
- High performance blade connection solutions — WINDnovation Engineering Solutions (Germany)
- Optimisation of material systems for rotor blades — EUROS (Germany)
- Super toughened adhesives for next generation blade bonding — Sika Services (Switzerland)
- Advanced monitoring in blade manfuacturing process — Pontis Engineering (The Netherlands)
- Winning from re-blading — ETA Blades (Italy)
For more information go to http://bit.ly/rotor_blades_Event .