Compared to open mold processes, closed mold technologies offer such advantages as:
- Reduced waste and emissions
- Cleaner, healthier environment
- Lower material/disposal costs
- Greater consistency and repeatability
- Reduced cycle times
- Higher productivity and lower labor costs.
The Closed Mold Alliance works with three key processes: Light Resin Transfer Molding (LRTM), Reusable Bag Molding, and Vacuum Infusion Process (VIP). Closed mold processes offer many advantages over open mold processes, including: reduced waste and emissions, which leads to a cleaner, healthier environment as well as lower material and disposal costs; a more consistent, repeatable process; and reduced cycle times, which leads to higher productivity and lower labor costs.
Reusable Bag Molding
Vacuum Infusion Process